Geomedical aspects in present and future research
Redaktør: J. Låg
- J. Låg: Survey of geomedical problems, including some examples from investigations carried out in Norway, p. 11-19.
- Bjørn Bølviken, John Ek and Erna Kuusisto: Geochemical data. A basis for geomedical studies, p. 21-33.
- Nils Herman Brundin: Aspects of geomedical problems from a biogeochemical point of view, p. 35-37.
- · Ernst L. Wynder: Environmental carcinogenesis, p. 39-44.
- · Johannes Clemmesen: On the geographical distribution of malignant neoplasms, p. 45-54.
- Knut Westlund: Comments on the results of the first Finnmark survey, p. 55-58.
- Kjell Bjartveit: Cardiovascular disease study in Norwegian counties. Preliminary report, p. 59-63.
- Knut Magnus: Geographical variations in cancer incidence in Norway, p. 65-71.
- Mogens G. Simesen: Selenium and selenium-vitamin E deficiency considered from a geomedical point of view, p.73-79.
- Gunnar Schalin: Multiple sclerosis and selenium, p. 81-102.
- Britt Ahlrot-Westerlund: A hypothesis concerning multiple sclerosis and its possible connection with disturbed fat metabolism in selenium deficiency, p. 103-114.
- Göran Jönson and Bo Pehrson: Selenium – a trace element of great significance for the health of livestock, p. 115-122.
- P.A. Palsson, G. Georgsson and G. Petursson: Fluorosis in farm animals in Iceland related to volcanic eruptions, p. 123-132.
- Ólafur Bjarnason: Possible environmental risk factors in the causation of thyroid cancer in Iceland, p. 133-137.
- Sturla Fredriksson: Some speculations on geomedical problems in Iceland, p. 139-147.
- Helvi Marjanen: On the relationship between the contents of trace elements in soils and plants and the cancer incidence in Finland, p. 149-166.
- Esko Saari: Finnish research project on mineral elements in soils, plants and foodstuffs, p. 167-171.
- P.-O. Hillborg: Gaucher's disease in Sweden and its hypothetical dependence on metal anomalies in the soil, p. 173-181.
- Arne Frøslie: Copper in sheep in Norway, p. 183-188.
- · Jon Jonsen, Kristen Helgeland and Eiliv Steinnes: Trace elements in human serum. Regional distribution in Norway, p. 189-195.
- R.T. Ottesen: Introductory geomedical investigations in Norway, p. 197-207.
- Asbjørn Sorteberg: The effect of some heavy metals on oats in pot experiments with three different soil types, p. 209-215.
- E. Steinnes: Regional distribution of arsenic, selenium and antimony in humus layers of Norwegian soils, p. 217-222.