1990. Excess and deficiency of trace elements in relation to human and animal health in Arctic and Subarctic regions.
- Preface. 9.
- J. Låg: General remarks on some geomedical problems in Arctic and Subarctic regions. 11.
- Bjørn Bølviken and R. T. Ottesen and R. Nilsen: Geochemical mapping in northernmost Fennoscandia. 18.
- E. Steinnes: Atmospheric fallout of heavy metals in northern Norway. 33.
- T. P. Flaten: The chemistry of drinking waters in northern regions of Norway snd some health aspects. 40.
- G. Nordberg, L Gerhardsson and B. Lagerkvist: Human metal exposure, tissue accumulation and health effects among non-ferrous smelter workers in northern Sweden. 58
- T. D. Makarova and T. I. Moiseenko: Contamination of natrual surrounding by heavy metaks and ecological effects. 69.
- T. I. Moiseenko and L. P. Kudratsjeva: The regularities of the heavy metals accumulation in organism systems of fresh water fishes and pathological process. 72.
- V. P. Chatchin: Features of harmful effects caused by air pollution on human and animal in cold. 82.
- Tan Jianan: The Influence of Selenium Deficiency in Environment on Human Health in Northeast china. 90.
- C. Dumont and T. Kosatsky: Methylmercury in northern Canada. 109.
- H. Bergseth: FAO European Cooperative Network on the Trace Elements. Activities Concerning Geomedical Problems. 134.
- A. Frøslie: Trace element status in relation to aspects of animal health in northern regions of Norway. 141.
- Arne Frøslie: Geomedical aspects of animal production in Norway. 145.
- E. Glattre, S. Ø. Thoresen and J. W. Jebsen: Thyroid cancer: High risk areas in northern Norway. 149.
- J, Ringstad: Selenium and human health in northern Norway. 158.
- J. Clench-Aas: Cadmium and lead concentrations in Norwegian reference population groups. 170.
- L. Jorhem: Some essential toxic elements in Swedish diets. 185.
- H. G. Sunde and T. Haldorsen: Cancer in Pasvik. Pollution from Nikell. A connection. 190.
- J. Aaseth, Y. Thomassen and O. Vinje: Serum Selenium in Patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis. 198
- L. Gerhardsson, D. Chettle, V. Englyst, G. F. Nordberg, M. Scott and A. Todd: Lead in bone in smelter workers. 201.
- R. Riispanen: Correlation of cancer incidence with geomchemistry in subarctic Finland. 205.
- T. Jinm P. Leffler and G. Nordberg: The Disturbance of Renal Calcium Metabolism Induced by Metallothionein. 212.
- G. Norheim and K. Nilssen: Cadmium in Svalbard Reindeer. 215.
- G. Norheim and B. Borch-Johnsen: Svalbard: Trace elements in liver for eider. 217.
- A. Frøslie: Trace elements in reindeer and sheep from Sør-Varanger, Finnmark. A preliminary study. 220
- List of participants. 222.